Generally, laundry is a realitively unimportant thing in my life. At home we do laundry so often that I never worry about anything even related to laundry.
Things have changed.
First of all, I brought much fewer clothes with me than I normally have at home. Second of all, the rain and mud tends to dirty clothes here rather quickly. So, obviously, I should do laundry right now.
There are only 4 or 5 washers in the entire building that I live in. These washers take tokens - tokens that are specific to this building only. These tokens are only sold in the basement of this building (where they also sell beer). This 'Keller' is only open from 7pm-8pm MWF. If that seems absurd to you, you are in good company.
I have washed some important undergarments in my sink and they are hang drying in my room right now. Oh, that's another variable in the German-Laundry-Predicament...no one here uses dryers. I think there are 2 in this building, but I've heard rumors that they ruin your clothes. Since all of my clothes must hang-dry, the drying process is bound to take days. If I do not wash my clothes soon, I will have only 2 options: naked or dirty or wet. Which will I choose? I'll let you know if it comes down to it...which would you choose?
Tuesday, October 05, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment